Victory Groups are a new ministry specifically designed to encourage and build relationships at FVC! These small groups will allow you an opportunity to get to know people at the church and to share life on a level that is impossible by just sitting in the audience Sunday mornings.
How do Victory Groups work?
1. Victory Groups (VG) meet every week to discuss last week’s sermon and share life. This is a great way to get to know people in the church and build real relationships.
2. VG’s have around 12 people per group. If they get too much bigger than this, we will split them into two groups.
3. VG’s require a commitment to make every effort to attend weekly.
4. VG’s go through the school year (June), with some breaks through the year.
5. Childcare is available in some groups. If you need this, please talk with the group’s leader or host.
6. You do not have to be a member of FVC to attend a Victory Group. However, we discourage participants who regularly attend a different church that has a small group ministry.
How do you sign up for a Victory Group? We will have set sign up times when new groups begin, usually 2 times per year. During this time, groups are filled on a first come, first serve basis. Other than this, you can e-mail VictoryGroups@FaithandVictory.com or contact Brian Tomisser to see if any spaces are currently available.
Interested in Leading a Victory Group? We have three different leadership jobs available in a Victory Group:
1. Leaders: Person or Couple that facilitates the groups and regularly checks in with the members.
2. Apprentices: Person or Couple that come along side and minster in partnership with the leaders and assist where they can.
3. Hosts: Person or Couple that opens up their house for the groups and organizes a snack schedule.
To be considered for a leadership position, you must attend a Leadership training (dates will be announced when available) and you must be approved by church leadership. We take the leadership positions very seriously and just being interested in leading will not guarantee you the privilege of serving.
Note: You must be signed up ahead of time to participate in a Victory Group. Email VictoryGroups@FaithandVictory.com or talk with Brian Tomisser to see if spaces are available in a group you are interested in!
1. Leaders: Glen and Jenna Petersen
Apprentice/Host: Bryan and Jessica Bateman
Location: Bateman’s Home
1. Leaders: Howie and Brenda Adao
2. Leaders: Kevin and Melinda Berg
Location: Berg’s Home
3. Leaders: Brian and Liz Tomisser