@glen_m_petersen- Is Christ your cornerstone, is your life built on top around Him?
@DesMinistries- If we will go in a building and trust an architect…why won’t we trust the architect of the word of God?
@FVChurchAuburn- Don’t get to impressed with your degree. It’s printed on the same thing we make toilet paper out of.
INTRO: Look for a pattern, here….
- II Timothy 3:16-17…”All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
- I Corinthians 14:3…”But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men.”
- Hebrews 3:13…”but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.”
- Romans 12: 6-8 …”Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.”
EXHORT, EXHORTATION (Paraclete)
The Pattern of Peter:
- Acts 4:1-12
Peter “turns the table” on his accusers
- Acts 4:11” This is the ‘stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.”
….is He your cornerstone?????
- Acts 4:12…”Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”
….Do we believe there’s “…no other name” ?
Acts 4: 1-12
“Now as they spoke to the people, the priests, the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees came upon them, being greatly disturbed that they taught the people and preached in Jesus the resurrection from the dead. And they laid hands on them, and put them in custody until the next day, for it was already evening. However, many of those who heard the word believed; and the number of the men came to be about five thousand. Addressing the Sanhedrin And it came to pass, on the next day, that their rulers, elders, and scribes, as well as Annas the high priest, Caiaphas, John, and Alexander, and as many as were of the family of the high priest, were gathered together at Jerusalem. And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, “By what power or by what name have you done this?” Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, “Rulers of the people and elders of Israel: If we this day are judged for a good deed done to a helpless man, by what means he has been made well, let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole. This is the ‘stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.’ Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”