@FVChurchAuburn · Jesus changed sin from what you do to what’s in your heart.
- Acts 7:44-50 …..44) “Our fathers had the tabernacle of witness in the wilderness, as He appointed, instructing Moses to make it according to the pattern that he had seen, 45) which our fathers, having received it in turn, also brought with Joshua into the land possessed by the Gentiles, whom God drove out before the face of our fathers until the days of David, 46) who found favor before God and asked to find a dwelling for the God of Jacob. 47) But Solomon built Him a house. 48) “However, the Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands, as the prophet says: 49) ‘Heaven is My throne, And earth is My footstool. What house will you build for Me? says the Lord, Or what is the place of My rest? 50) Has My hand not made all these things?’”
Jesus…the wine & wineskins – (also in Matt 9:14-17; Mark 2:18-22)
- Luke 5:30 …. 30) “And their scribes and the Pharisees complained against His disciples, saying, “Why do You eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?”
- Luke 5:33 …. 33) Then they said to Him, “Why do the disciples of John fast often and make prayers, and likewise those of the Pharisees, but Yours eat and drink?”
- Luke 5: 37-39 …. 37) And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine will burst the wineskins and be spilled, and the wineskins will be ruined. 38) But new wine must be put into new wineskins, and both are preserved. 39) And no one, having drunk old wine, immediately desires new; for he says, ‘The old is better.’ ”
Paul proclaimed a “spank new bag” too
- II Corinthians 5:17 …. 17) “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.”
- Ephesians 4:22-24 …. 22) “that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23) and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24) and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.”
- Acts 7:48-50 ….48) “However, the Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands, as the prophet says: 49) ‘Heaven is My throne, And earth is My footstool. What house will you build for Me? says the Lord, Or what is the place of My rest? 50) Has My hand not made all these things?”
Stephen also “echoed” this
- Isaiah 66:1-2 …. 1)” Thus says the Lord: “Heaven is My throne, And earth is My footstool. Where is the house that you will build Me? And where is the place of My rest? 2) For all those things My hand has made, And all those things exist,” Says the Lord. “But on this one will I look: On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, And who trembles at My word.”
- John 2:1-5 …. 1) “On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. 2) Now both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding. 3) And when they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him, “They have no wine.” 4) Jesus said to her, “Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me? My hour has not yet come.” 5) His mother said to the servants, “Whatever He says to you, do it.”
“Whatever He says to you, do it” (the wedding in Canan)Spread the Gospel!