Michael Eaton – God wants to take us up higher to him, as a church and as an individual
Todd Sommer – Fasting and prayer go hand in hand.
“The Path to Higher Ground”
- Intro: Finding, locking in & climbing “The Path”
- Matthew 26:41 .. “Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
One hour…. “watch and pray”
- Acts 1:4 .. “And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me;”
10 DAYS… “wait” for the Promise
- I Thes 5:16-18 .. (16) “Rejoice always, (17) pray without ceasing, (18) in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
WITHOUT CEASING ??
…Psalms 1:1-2 .. (1) Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; (2) But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night.”
HE MEDITATES ??
The Armor of Prayer:
- Ephesians 6:10-11 ….6:17 -18 ..(10) “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. (11) Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.” …… (17) And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; (18) praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— “
Pray with ALL prayer… in the SPIRIT…WATCHING OVER all saints & PERSEVERING !!!
When putting the armor on be dealing with our sins too.
… James 5:16 .. “Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.”
… I John 1:9 .. “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
… I Corinthians 11:28-30 .. (28) “But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. (29) For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body. (30) For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep.”
- James 1: 22-25 …(22) “But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. (23) For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; (24) for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. (25) But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.”
- Psalms 139-23-24 ..(23) “Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; (24) And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting. “
LEAD US TO THE “HIGHER GROUND”Spread the Gospel!