Taking advantage of the advantage Romans 3:1-8
- What’s your opinion of God?
- My old understanding – Strict God
- My new understanding
- Paul anticipated what they were thinking – Read their mail
- What is the advantage of being Jew?
- Actually, great in many aspects
- They were trusted with the Oracle of the Word of God
- Paul stating the fact and not trying to discredit who they are – He does a great job
- He is not against the Jews just like Pastors are not against us
- You have advantage, however without Jesus its all a waste
- Without true understanding of the Heart of God, they/we cannot benefit from the knowledge
- If someone did not believe or was unfaithful would that invalidate Gods Word or His Faithfulness
- Circumcision – Simply cutting or external sign and no change on the inside
- Let God be found true (as He will be) though every person be found a liar
- As it is written – Psalms 51:4 ( Nkjv) Against You, You only, have I sinned, And done this evil in Your sight – That You may be found just [a]when You speak, And blameless when You judge
- David is owning up to his sins and accepting the consequences of them
- Our unrighteousness demonstrates the righteousness of God – NOT
- The unrighteousness man enhances the righteousness of God – Wrong
- The Black background with a picture in the fore-front
- The darker the sin the more we show God’s glory
- Like the people who glorify their past life
- God is not wrong with inflicting His Wrath on such people
- Wrong teaching – If through my lies, God’s truth is magnified and abounded to His Glory – why am I being Judged? Story of Judas
- Some Jews say – Let do evil so that good may come out of it
- Gods Judgement is on them
- People don’t listen well- They listen to respond
- We jump into conclusion based on our selfishness
- Challenging to understand
- Today’s Jews look alike:
- Great church
- Good teaching
- Peaceful country
- Bible in our own language – commentaries
- Little to no hardship in this country
- Jews grew up hearing the Word of God, head knowledge vs heart knowledge
- If the Israelites did not make it to the promised land, does that make God not true?
- God does not lie – Titus 1:2(NLT) This letter is from Paul, a slave of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ. I have been sent to proclaim faith to[a] those God has chosen and to teach them to know the truth that shows them how to live godly lives. 2 This truth gives them confidence that they have eternal life, which God—who does not lie—promised them before the world began
- This eternal life is not a wish, but a hope. In this sense, hope is an anticipation founded not on wishful thinking, but on a promise from the God who cannot lie
- Man will not be judged based on what man says, but by what the WORD of God says i.e. – The standard of God
- Don’t abuse Grace
- People will interpret however they want to suit their wishes and understanding – World around us now
- Paul is attempting to make them think but it’s a futile attempt – Trying to debate the mask/vaccine mandates
- It happens all the time, when you preach a Word and people misinterpret it
- Isaiah 40:8 (Nkjv) The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever
- The Word of the Lord abides forever – no debate
- Romans 9:15 For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion
- There is never any injustice with the Lord
- So, if God is not a liar, does not change His standards, is righteous, has compassion of who He chooses, is Just, – He has shown all these characters and proven them over and recorded them in 66 books, what’s the confusion?
- Here it is – our Perception
- Jesus can’t get honor in His town
- Mark 6: 1-6 (NLT) Jesus left that part of the country and returned with his disciples to Nazareth, his hometown. 2 The next Sabbath he began teaching in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed. They asked, “Where did he get all this wisdom and the power to perform such miracles?” 3 Then they scoffed, “He’s just a carpenter, the son of Mary[a] and the brother of James, Joseph,[b] Judas, and Simon. And his sisters live right here among us.” They were deeply offended and refused to believe in him.
Then Jesus told them, “A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his relatives and his own family.” 5 And because of their unbelief, he couldn’t do any miracles among them except to place his hands on a few sick people and heal them. 6 And he was amazed at their unbelief
- Just like the Jews, they had the Word, special delivery
- They filtered it through self-knowledge, we know this and we know better
- I hear what you saying – But isn’t that the Carpenters?
- We have ears but don’t hear
- Matthew 13:14-15(ERV) So they show that what Isaiah said about them is true:
‘You people will listen and listen,
but you will not understand.
You will look and look,
but you will not really see.
15 Yes, the minds of these people are now closed.
They have ears, but they don’t listen.
They have eyes, but they refuse to see.
If their minds were not closed,
they might see with their eyes;
they might hear with their ears;
they might understand with their minds.
Then they might turn back to me and be healed.’
- Story of the man that listened to God and didn’t fall off the cliff
- Peter Marshall – Chaplain of United state Senate
- Failed his Navy test
- Walked in the mist /thick fog
- Called and answered the 3rd time
- Cliff -edge
- Meditate on the Word of God
- Apply it daily – Repetition
- Quick to listen and not to speak
- Have a hard line, God’s truth will not change
- Just like it seems like the whole world is leaning to one side against the things of God, God doesn’t change
- He doesn’t change, today, tomorrow of forever
Romans 3:8 (Nkjv) – And some people even slander us by claiming that we say, “The more we sin, the better it is!” Those who say such things deserve to be condemned.
- Condemned – Express complete disapproval typically in Public
- Sentence to particular punishment especially death
What a tragedy that the ones who are set apart are now being condemned by God
Romans 8:1(Nkjv) There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who[a] do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
John 3:17 – For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
John 8:11 – When Jesus had raised Himself up [a]and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, “Woman, where are those accusers [b]of yours? Has no one condemned you?” She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go [c]and sin no more.”
For more sermons please visit our SERMONS PAGE
Please subscribe to our YOUTUBE PAGE