Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More
Donuts for Jesus 1 cor 10:31
- Let me cover this again- The reach more campaign is for us to pay off our building to Reach more with having more, Save money, Ensure legacy, Move forward. Solid Place to WORSHIP
- We can save 400k if we pay off- build churches, plant churches, missions, solid place here
- We want to be a Church that honors God, that multiplies. All the Elders are in agreement.
- Church has no money problems- This is what the Lord asked us to do. (They are coming for us)
- Asking you to pray this month-24 NOV Mo sacrifice Jan for 36 mos, don’t have to. May change for you if things change. No pressure. Just what the Lord is asking us to do- Come 24nov ready
- I am going to preaching messages this month to get you to see why we should do this
- The short answer is- We’re doing it for God so others will come to praise him in His Church
- Last week we talked about the benefit of Churches and church buildings. This week- I want you to understand why Bringing God Glory is the only thing that matters on this Earth
Are You Saved?
- You can’t die to yourself unless you’re saved. And you have no desire to Give God glory if you’re not saved- You can’t do everything for Jesus if you haven’t been saved.
- The American Church is filled with unsaved people. People who haven’t been converted.
- Born again, made new, new life, Christians, saved, redeemed, delivered, but CHANGED
- 2 Cor 7: 10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death. 11 For observe this very thing, that you sorrowed in a godly manner: What diligence it produced in you, what clearing of yourselves, what indignation, what fear, what vehement desire, what zeal, what vindication! In all things you proved yourselves to be clear in this matter.
- 1 vigilanceWalking worthy to please God- 2. Separating yourself from sin and looking internally for more sin 3. Holy indignation against sin Do you hate sin? Both in yourself and others? 4. reverential fear of God. Fear of his wrath and retribution 5. Strong desire to honour God in the future (looking ahead) 6. godly sorrow produces zeal for the glory of God and Christ 7. revenge on sin. Punishment on the self and others for their sin 8. Trying to make restitution 9. reparation trying to stop all mischief 10. diligence in the spiritual performance of all our duties
- If you don’t have any of that, you have to ask, are you saved? Did you come to God in sorrow for your sin, and ask him to forgive you and receive you, and when he did- were you elated that he accepted you? Did it change your life?
- When I got saved I went and Got a bible and read it. No one followed up with me. No one drug me to church. No one called me out and discipled me. No one told me how to live. I had Got SAVED
- I knew I had offended God with my life and I needed to be forgiven and live for him.
- The false conversions are the ‘asked for forgiveness, but nothing changes”, fresh start, new beginning, feel different, find peace, find meaning, repair a relationship, purpose, influence,
- I am not the same I was when I was 15- because of sanctification- but the moment has sustained me
- Romans 6:6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.
- The Bible says that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Rom. 3:23).
- your sins have caused a separation between you and God (Isaiah 59:2), and the wages is death (Rom. 6:23 And that you’re under wrath of God (Eph. 2:3). The only way is through Jesus Christ (Eph. 2:8-9; Rom. 5:1).
- You must turn from your sins towards Christ- but you need to have SORROW
- Have you been cut to the heart? Have you received forgiveness and newness?
- Acts 2:36-38 “Cut to the heart” READ
- Have you had that cut to the heart moment? Sorrow over your sin?
- Why the AMC? Thankfulness for helping make who I am- least I can do
- IF there is no evidences of your salvation- Don’t double down in Pride- If you feel sorrow today- repent- turn towards Jesus in Faith and begin to bear fruits of repentance
- And if you don’t feel sorrow- ask God why- look inside and ask about disbelief
- I don’t talk about my past sins- why? I hate them. I’m not proud of them.
Death to Self
- After you’ve been saved- you can die to yourself- But many people can’t die to themselves because they haven’t been saved.
- I know what death to self looks like because I know what selfishness looks like.
- I’m not 100% Dead to self- But I know what 100% selfish looks like
- Again many are not saved- – their idea of Christianity is that it exists to serve them, their pleasures, their plans, their ideas, their hopes and dreams- and when those things don’t happen- they lose the will to continue because they never were converted-
- Because they’ve never died to themselves. They are still living for themselves
- 2 Corinthians 5:15 and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again.
- In America- we don’t worship golden calves, we worship jobs, family, time, money, SELF
- We worship God…. To a point. Until it requires more than we were willing to do for the parameters that we set when we entered into the relationship
- I wanted to divorce my wife- kids, no money, she was having panic attacks, I’m done
- People do this at jobs, relationships, commitments etc. Its fine until “this is what I expected”
- Some of that is fine- you don’t have to stay at a job you hate, or live in a house,
- But you can’t quit on your marriage, and you can’t quit on God. Its an all or nothing Deal
- Matt 10:34 -37 you cant love anyone or anything more than Jesus
- I’m not going to Hell for my Wife, kids or for you. I’m not going to do it
- Can you say as Paul said Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
- Everything on the other side of Death is a gift. I deserved death, Hell. I don’t deserve anything of what I have
- How can I not change my attitude, disposition or life goals?
- The Lord has need of it. He has need of you. And there’s nothing more important than God
- Luke 14:33 So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple
- Bothers me? Kids sports. Now rich kids win. Personal training. Club sports
- Daugther wanted to do club. cost more than my tithe. Simple- Not doing it. I don’t care if my kids are best at sports or get a scholarship. I don’t even care if they hate me. God first.
- Acts 21: 12 Now when we heard these things, both we and those from that place pleaded with him not to go up to Jerusalem. 13 Then Paul answered, “What do you mean by weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.”14 So when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, “The will of the Lord be done.”
- When you truly have been saved- you’ll want to give God Glory- you’ll want to lift up his name over all the earth because of what he’s done for you
- But if you have no desire to Give God Glory- it might be because you aren’t saved- you don’t have a desire to make his name famous based on your experience with him
- See- God has done so much for me that if he never did anything else for me ever again- I’d be fine
- I don’t need feelings, words, stuff, accolades, encouragement, or anything
- What he has done for me is enough to want to give him Glory
- Isaiah 42:8 I am the Lord, that is My name; And My glory I will not give to another, Nor My praise to carved images.
- We may desire to give other things Glory- but God will not have it. “No other Gods before me”
- We are the sole object of Christ’s affection- should he not be the sole object of ours?
- And you must distance yourself from this feeling based existence where when the feelings wane the desire to give him Glory wanes
- Don’t always feel like worship, sermon prep, or loving people. BUT HE’S STILL WORTHY!!!!
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
- People ask- Why are we here? What is the meaning of life? Simple- Give God Glory
- God didn’t create us for us. He created us for HIM- for HIS pleasure
- Philippians 2:13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
- All that we do is for his good pleasure! He allowed the Gentiles into the family of God so that we MIGHT give him Glory!
- Romans 15: 9 and that the Gentiles might glorify God for His mercy, as it is written: “For this reason I will confess to You among the Gentiles, And sing to Your name.”
- Everything we do must be for His Glory- ALL OF IT
- People say- Why this campaign? Give God more Glory- IF we can plant more churches, keep this church intact, send out more missionaries, MORE GLORY FOR GOD. HE DESERVES IT
- I’ll preach my heart out 52 weeks a year for ONE person to give him more glory
- Work with Kids, worship, serve, whatever it is- So HE can get more Glory- MORE GLORY
- Romans 11:36 For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.
for more sermons please visit our SERMONS PAGE
to be notified when we go live subscribe to our YOUTUBE PAGE