Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More
Expecting Greater Things
2 Timothy 1:9, Ephesians 2:10
He not only has great plans for us- but HE GIVES US THE GRACE TO FULFILL those plans!
- Our Awesome Powerful God has prepared Great things for us
– I Corinthians 2:9
A, “For those who love him- He already loved US- he loved us so much He laid down EVERYTHING for us—IF he gave HIS all for us- let us NOT hold ANYTHING BACK!!
- Two things we should not do
- Don’t put God in a box of your own thinking or making = according to what YOU think is plausible or possible
–With Men there are things which are impossible– but with God ALL THINGS are possible!
- Don’t limit God with your doubt and unbelief– your short sightedness- your own circumstances- your troubles, trials and problems— Rather hand all over to God and allow those to become OPPORTUNITIES for God to show & demonstrate HIS power and might!!
Psalm 4:1 – ENLARGED me when I was in distress
The word DISTRESSED = Disappointment (discouragement, disillusionment, despondency, dejection, despair) But when we CALL out to Him=- CRY OUT TO GOD- He ‘enlarges or relieve’ us- He turns our Disappointments into HIS appointments– HIS opportunities to do great and mighty things in our lives!
- Our Awesome Powerful God will finish what He started
- Jeremiah 32:26-27—God initiates communicates facilitates – He announces, “IS ANYTHING TO HARD FOR ME?”
- Jeremiah 33:1-3
- “shut up” – a tight place, tough impossible situation, hopeless situation
- But God says- LOOK I am the faithful ONE- I am still here for you—what I started I will finish!
He plans to finish or complete whatever He started- He doesn’t leave things half done or dangling. I Thess. 5:24; Phil 1:6
- CALL on me & I will answer thee- and show you great and mighty things
When we choose to follow Him- He will finish what He started- say “Yes” to the Lord- Our God is a miracle worker.
Do not throw your trust and have patience – Hebrews 10:35-36
“IS ANYTHING TO HARD FOR ME?”
III. Our Awesome Powerful God has called us to a walk of obedience–
I Corinthians 2:9
When we LOVE HIM—means we OBEY HIM—John 14:15
Obey not only in the BIG things but even in the small things…remember we were delivered from the Kingdom of darkness & put into the Kingdom of Light—we are not limited to our 5 senses
FEEL, SEE, SMELL, TASTE, HEAR
We can now- SEE what God wants us to see- HEAR what God wants us to hear– Galatians 5:6—Walk by Faith—NO MORE EXCUSES—WALK WITH THE FATHER- WALK IN OBEDIENCE—WALK IN HIS WAYS
Its not just experiencing Spiritual things- doing all the RELIGIOUS things- being around Spiritual people- I Corinthians 10:1-5 – 5 ALLS—they experienced everything- miracles, the supernatural, BUT through it all they chose to start walking according to the FLESH- giving into fleshly desires & complaining— they missed out on what God had for them.
Stop crawling around- FLY with the wings you were created to fly with!
Conclusion: Eph 3:20— Turn your eyes on the one who is able to do EXCEEDINGLY abundantly ABOVE ALL we ask or think—according to HIS power that works in us– Surrender ourselves to Him- Yield areas that can hinder us- seek to know Him, to be like Him to allow His love to flow in and through us.