Missions Sunday – If you would like to find out more about missions please CLICK HERE for our missions page.
The Beautiful Feet (Missions Sunday)
– You have done a great job of supporting our missionaries this year! We have come a long way!
– Started with $5,000 in “commitments” p/m, that steadily dropped to $3,300 by year’s end.
– Still good, and we maintained the support that was promised to our missionaries.
– There is a difference between “tithing” and “missions giving”.
– Romans 10:14-15, But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? 15 And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, “How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!”
Local Missions: *Show Local missions videos*
– Romans 10:14 says, “But how can THEY call on him to be saved unless they believe in him?”
– This verse obviously applies to all people everywhere, but “THEY” in the context for which it is written, Paul is specifically talking about the local Jews.
– They are in position to hear what God has done through Jesus Christ, but they focus their attention on what they think they already know about God.
– Local missions are bringing the gospel to those who have access to the truth, but do not understand it for themselves.
– Bobby Martin, Union Gospel Mission, He works with young men trying to get out of the gang lifestyle. He teaches them how to make furniture from reclaimed wood, and sell it to make money and have a trade. Adirondack chairs, conference tables, and armoires. Bobby has been working with at risk youth for over 15 years in south Seattle, and teaching them about Jesus.
– Young Life, Introduces young people to Jesus, and helps them grow in their faith, by providing fun experiences, relationship building, and sharing the Good News. The goal is to plug youth into a local church to maintain their growth in Christ.
– Example: Sherehan. Raised Muslim and didn’t have a clue about Jesus. Young life camp, invited to FVC by Pastor Matt and got saved here. Young Life is the start of her salvation story!
– Mona, Child Evangelism Fellowship, reaching children worldwide for 80 years. Mona’s mission is to disciple youth on how to teach the Good News to children, through gospel centered day camps and activities.
– Example: Thad. Because Mona encouraged him, chose on his own to serve in this mission. He has to raise money, and gives up several weeks, even in the summer to train up, and run week long summer camps in local communities.
*These missions, including Absolute Ministries and Campus Crusade, are impacting the Kingdom right here in our local area, supported by Faith and Victory Church, through your mission dollars.
Global missions: *Show International missions Videos*
– This is the Good News, “Through Jesus you can be saved”.
– (read) Romans 10:9-13
– “And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?”
– Matthew 28:18-20, Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
– Christian Life Church, Christian Shields, at 16 yrs old gave his life to Jesus at FVC, completed ministry training program in Singapore, and now has planted a church in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
– Faith and Victory Church in Christ, Pakistan. Robin, Because Pastor Todd was open to the move of the Holy Spirit, this relationship began.
– FVC was the only one willing to support Robin in bringing the gospel to this area.
– FVC Pakistan is now an officially registered Christian church with the government, which is a rare and difficult process.
– YOUR support is directly responsible for allowing this to happen.
– FVC Ukraine, Ethan and Dasha, sent out by FVC to fulfill their God given mission to live in the Ukraine, adopt orphans, and spread the gospel. To be a “family for the fatherless”, and show the Father’s love to these orphaned and abandoned children.
* These missions are extending our reach, and working globally to bring the “Word to the unheard”.
Short Term Missions: *show short term missions videos*
– This is how “Mexico” happened:
– FVC did not have a missions program. We donated some money to other organizations that served the community, and did one “mission trip” that was not well supported.
– We were the “wallet”, but not yet the “feet”. We bought shoes, but were not wearing them.
– One day a bearded man showed up to church and challenged us on our efforts.
– He took Pastor Matt and I on a mission to Mexico to build a house. And the fire was lit!
– Missions now were tangible! We saw how we could make a difference, and believed in it.
– The key to effective short term missions is to partner with long term missionaries that are already in the field, building the relationships and “preparing the soil”.
– In Mexico, it’s Youth with a Mission (YWAM), and the Homes Of Hope program. They are the ones who prepare the way, and stay there to support the people long after our work is done.
– 1 Corinthians 3:5-9a, After all, who is Apollos? Who is Paul? We are only God’s servants through whom you believed the Good News. Each of us did the work the Lord gave us. 6 I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. 7 It’s not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What’s important is that God makes the seed grow. 8 The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose. And both will be rewarded for their own hard work. 9 For we are both God’s workers.
– Q Missions, and Operation Restore Hope:
– Lead by Aaron Quinonez, who found healing from his wounds of war on the mission field.
– The goal is to provide other veterans the chance to find “healing through service”.
– ORH brings veterans to Mexico to build homes. (That’s how FVC got introduced to it.)
– Q Missions brings veterans all over the world!
– MY mission story:
– I never wanted to go on a mission trip, and didn’t see the point. “There is work to do right here at home!”
– Pastor Matt asked me to go on that first trip with him to Mexico, and I had never been.
– It made short term missions tangible. It benefited me, and the people we were serving.
– I went from never me and “what is the point?” To send me and preaching about it.
– I went on 3 Mexico home builds that year, and will go on 2 more this year.
– Q Missions just got back from Cambodia 2 weeks ago, and I went with them.
– Supporting long term missionaries Tim and Mel, Children at Risk Project. They work at preventing girls from getting caught up in sex trafficking or slavery to the factories, by teaching them a skill, and sharing Jesus with them.
– With YWAM Mexico, built a house and bathroom, a well, and facilitated a playground.
– Example: Meet Chief, prayed with him, built him a well, and planted seeds of Jesus. He didn’t understand one man praying for blessings over another man. We blessed him anyway!
– We were bold but patient. We met tangible needs to bring hope and build trust. We planted seeds of the Good News, and Tim and Mel will be there to water them.
– These short term missionaries are YOU and me, being the hands and feet of Jesus for the world.
* All of our missions make a tangible difference, and spread the Good News about Jesus, and are supported by Faith and Victory Church, through your mission dollars.
– If you want to know more about any of these missions, check our website or FVC App.