If you really knew! Romans 5:1-11(Esv)
- Paul is educating the Christian Jews that, since they have been Justified (Been made right) by Faith (Believing God) they have peace with God through Jesus Christ
- That our sins that separated us from God are no more because of Jesus Christ
- He has forgiven us and remembers them no more – Unlike our human forgiveness
- The Blood of Jesus has given us access to the Father
- The curtain was cut, and now we don’t need a priest to go to God for us (Huge deal)
- This is such a great thing that we need to rejoice and exult (feel or show triumphant elation or jubilation) in our hope of experiencing and enjoying the glory of God (Big deal)
- Not only that but let’s rejoice and exult the same way when we face troubles, rejoice in our suffering
- Suffering produces endurance (an unpleasant or difficult process or situation without giving way)
- Endurance produces character (Who we become – we are more like Christ)
- Character produces hope (a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen)
- Such hope never disappoints – why because it has already been demonstrated by God giving up His only Son to die for us so that you and I can have a relationship with God!
- Romans 5:6 While we were yet in weakness (Helpless) at the appointed time, Christ died for us
- Paul goes on to show that it may be that one can give his/her life for a noble, generous, or lovable person
- But! Romans 5:8 (ampc) God shows and clearly proves His (own) love for us by the fact that while we were still sinners, Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One) died for us
- Now that He has already saved us while we are still sinners, He will certainly save us from God’s condemnation by the Blood of Jesus (assurance)
- Because while we were enemies, God sent His son to die for us
- Paul concludes in vs 11 by saying that this should be a great celebration because of what we know, have been set free from and have been guaranteed
- Head knowledge vs Heart knowledge
- These are the core Christian believes and it’s easy to say that we know them but do we really?
- Ask any Christian if they are at peace with God, and that they know God
- How is the relationship between them and God, and most will have some kind of answer
- Just like Paul, I am asking as I remind you of God’s love, do you really know what this mean for you and everyone else
- Do you really know to what length God has gone to get this relationship right?
- If you really knew how much God loves you – Your relationship with Him would be different
- Let it sink that while you and I were sinners, Christ died for us
- He didn’t choose to create a new generation but choose to send His only Son to die for us
- The story of the prodigal son – Luke 15
- Luke 15:21-22 (Nkjv)- And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight, and am no longer worthy to be called your son.’ “But the father said to his servants, [c]‘Bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet.
- (Father I am no longer worthy to be called your son)
- A new robe, having dragged the old one in the pig’s filth, – not only that but…you are restored, and God chooses to live in you and I
- What else does He have to do, to show you that you are loved
- As if restoration is not enough, when we accept Him, He pours the Holy Spirit to be our everything
- You have been given power in the name of Jesus, by the Blood of Jesus
- If you really knew the thoughts He had towards you would seek a closer relationship
- Matthew 10:29-31 (Nkjv)Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?[a] And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. 30 But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.
- For God so loved the world, as to give his only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in him, may not perish, but may have life everlasting. … For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life
- Even while we are still in our sins- He wants no one to perish!
- You would want to spend time with Him – always
- Paying for a speaker – 2019 (Warren Buffet $4,567,888 for lunch) and the previous years it’s been an average of $3.3 Million. Opening bid is $25,000
- Ephesian 3:17-19 ( Ampc) May Christ through your faith [actually] dwell (settle down, abide, make His permanent home) in your hearts! May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love,
That you may have the power and be strong to apprehend and grasp with all the saints [God’s devoted people, the experience of that love] what is the breadth and length and height and depth [of it];
[That you may really come] to know
[practically, [ a ]through experience for yourselves] the love of Christ, which far surpasses [b]mere knowledge [without experience]; that you may be filled [through all your being] [c]unto all the fullness of God [may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and [d]become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself]!
- John 15:4-5 (Nkjv) Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. 5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
- If you really knew the depth of His love, you would:
- Worship Him differently
- Would Pray with referential fear, with power and immovable Faith
- You would show up fully to the things of God
- If you really knew who was in charge of your life, you would go through trials differently
- With joy and expectancy (suffering produces endurance, endurance = character, character = Hope
- Romans 8:38 – For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Deuteronomy 31:8 And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.”
- Joshua 1:9 – Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go
- This is going through stuff knowing that the journey might be challenging but you know the end of the story!
- If you really knew all these things, you would share the gospel with Joy and determination
- San Diego trip
- You would really stand for the God who you have seen and known
- You would not let our God be painted otherwise
- Every person would be a potential for a miracle – Miracle of Salvation
- Tim Delany – Who is this Jesus you are rejecting
Tonight, I want to remind you, that you have been justified by the Blood of Jesus- The Name that is available to you as a child of God
For more sermons please visit our SERMON PAGE
Please subscribe to our YOUTUBE PAGE