Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More
JESUS; He is a BIG deal! Hebrew 1:1-14 – Jesus Big Deal
- The writer of Hebrew wants to make sure that we know that Jesus is God and that He is a Big Deal!
- Jesus reconciled all the ways that God spoke to the prophets in the past
- One way to Heaven and that’s through Jesus Christ
- John 14:6 – Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. (Thomas’s question)
- We have Jesus come and literally change what they have been doing for years and tell them that now there is a new way
- This has people react differently – no one like change
- Though we were offered a more excellent way
- Like the times we in, we doing Church differently – No more check the box church
- And that is what the writer of Hebrew is stating:
- The entire book is about Jesus and how He guarantee a new and better covenant
- Hebrews 1 is about the supremacy of Christ Jesus. It paints a wonderful picture of how He is superior to the angels because of His redemptive work on the cross.
- Jesus is the exact representation of the Father and was sent to communicate to us the true nature of God. By understanding who Jesus is and what He said, we can know the fullness of God’s nature and character
Unpack chapter 1
- In the past God spoke through prophets to our Fathers
- Burning Bush
- Cloud of fire
- In the last days, God is speaking to us through His Son
- This are those Last days – We have an example of Jesus
- We have the Holy Spirit which Jesus left us as a helper – No excuse
- Jesus has been appointed as heir of all things
- Deuteronomy 10:14 Indeed heaven and the highest heavens belong to the Lord your God, also the earth with all that is in it.
- God made all things through Jesus – In the beginning there was the Word and Word was with God
- Jesus is the brightness of His glory – Gods Glory, the image (Exact copy)
- Jesus beams the Glory of God – nature of God, look at Jesus
- And He is an exact likeness of God
- Jesus upholds (Maintains) all things by the Word of His Power
- Jesus purged our sins – He did it for us, no one else could do it and we couldn’t do it for ourselves
- He now resides on the right hand of God – a position of Majesty, of honor, of glory and of a finished work
- Jesus become much more than angels
- In the early Church there was a tendency to worship and the writer of Hebrews shows that Jesus is greater than they
- Colossians 2:18 (NLT) Don’t let anyone condemn you by insisting on pious self-denial or the worship of angels,[a] saying they have had visions about these things. Their sinful minds have made them proud, 19 and they are not connected to Christ, the head of the body. For he holds the whole body together with its joints and ligaments, and it grows as God nourishes it.
- He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they
- God said to Jesus, I will be to you a Father and you will be a son
- God said, lets all the angels worship Jesus
- God said, sit at my right side, till I make your enemies my foot step
- No angel has God ever said that to them
- Angels are ministering Spirits to minister to those who will inherit Salvation
- You too – If you inherit Salvation
**So why is the writer of Hebrew going to this extent and what does this all mean to us today? **
- Jesus is Supreme – Better than angels – Jesus Big Deal
- Dispels ignorance of Who Jesus is
- Proves that He is greater than angels (Super natural beings)
- And if He is greater, that means, He is greater than all your earthly comfort, issues, joys, Jesus is a BIG DEAL!
- We can’t understand the price that was paid unless we understand who paid it – Jesus is a BIG deal
- This Jesus that is greater than angels and was there in the beginning and owns everything, died for you and I
- Let that sink in
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
- When we understand who He is,
- We sacrifice, like He did – Our resources, time, – because He did it for us, we can for others
- We have a heart of Jesus
- 2 Peter 3:9 -The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward [a]us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
- We learn how to overcome
- John 16:33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you [a]will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.
- We have the power stay true to the course
- Hebrew 12:1-2 – Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the [a]author and [b]finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
- Folks We are called to be like Him – Wao!
- 1 Peter 2:21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for [a]us, leaving [b]us an example, that you should follow His steps:
- Ephesians 4:21-24 (Esv) assuming that you have heard about him and were taught in him, as the truth is in Jesus, to put off your old self,[a] which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.
- That means no excuses – We have an example
- Unless we truly understand who, He is we cannot be like Him
- We have full access to God through Jesus – through the Holy Spirit
- Ephesians 1:11( NLT) Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God,[a] for he chose us in advance, and he makes everything work out according to his plan.
- You are valuable in the eyes God – You too can attain the same inheritance without being crucified on the Cross
- Is like the British
- Loyal family – After eleven hours of labor, Kate and William welcomed their firstborn, His Royal Highness Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge, at 4:24 PM on July 22, 2013
- John 1:12 (NLT) But as many as received Him, to them He gave the [a]right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
- 1 John 3:1 (NLT) See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are! But the people who belong to this world don’t recognize that we are God’s children because they don’t know him.
- John 3:16 (NLT) For this is how God loved the world: He gave[a] his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
- You too are a big deal to God!!
- Allow Him to restore you this evening
- To heal your broken heart
- To be Lord over your life
- To lead you, from now and forever
For more sermons please visit our SERMONS PAGE
Please subscribe to our YOUTUBE PAGE
Jesus Big Deal