Preparing for battle
Text: Deut 20:2-4, Joshua 1:1-3; 5-9
Introduction: God want us to have great courage in 2021!
Meaning of courage: “to show oneself strong.”
The promised land
– the life of victory, a life of living in the fruit of the spirit- the gifts of the spirit
-a life of the promises of God and going into the new things that God has for us—
- God commanded Joshua to be strong and courageous. Joshua 3:1-4
- Moses also had commanded Joshua. Deut 31:5-8
- Whatever God has for us this year will demands courage!
- We need to obey and walk in His word. Joshua 1:9
- We are to obey His word.
- We are to confess His word.
- We are to meditate His word.
- How we are to be walking in courage.
- Consecrate yourself Joshua 3:5
Consecrate: The act of setting apart; To sanctify; Dedicating for God’s use.
- 1 Peter 2:9
- Deut 14:2
- Be holy as He is Holy – 1 Peter 1:15, Titus 2:11-12
- Romans 12:1-2
Consecration means, “I will set aside the typical and put my spirit on ready to see where God is working around me so that I can join Him.
- Listen to the words of the Lord (instructions). Joshua 3:9
- John 8:47
- Prov 2:1-5
- Walk in obedience to all HE asks of us. Joshua 3:13,15
- Faith moves you forward in God’s way, in God’s timing. And there will come a moment when you must act on what God has said. If you don’t, you’ll never cross the Jordan.
- Not in fear or doubt. Vs. 17
- Remember and testify of what God has done. Joshua 4:5-7
- Psalm 77:11, Rev 12:11
Tomorrow you will see GREAT and MIGHTY things!!
For more sermons please visit our SERMONS PAGE
Please subscribe to our YOUTUBE PAGE