Supersized Faith Hebrews 11: 8-19
Last Wednesday Pastor Crystal started Hebrews 11
- What does God say about Faith?
- Abel’s sacrifice of Faith
- Enoch who walked with God by Faith
- Noah – Who had referential fear of the Lord which caused obedience
Today I want us look at our faith and use 3 people to help us do that
When I think of Faith, I realize that we all have Faith
- The interesting part about our lives is that we all have Faith, we do and its strong Faith for that
- You woke up and trusted without thinking that if you hit the light switch, lights would come on
- Our day-to-day activities
How is the rest of you night going to play out? – We all have a choice to trust in ourselves or Trust God
This season and the seasons ahead, God requires us to understand Faith because we will need it;
- In its purest form
- Hebrews 11: 1 Faith is a confirmation of things hoped for (Divinely Guaranteed) and the evidence of things not seen (Faith cannot be measured in a lab)
- It’s something that we will have to work hard for
- We have to have an active Faith – Faith without works is dead
(READ CHAPTER – Hebrews 11:8-19 NKJV
-By Faith Abraham – This right here was the fuel, the power behind obedience, the driving force to get Abraham going and to keep him going when things were challenging
– By Faith Sarah received the ability to conceive
– By Faith, Abraham offered Isaac as a sacrifice and Isaac got to see the redemption power of God
We will look at three different situations of Faith
- Super Natural
- Father Abraham
Super natural – attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature.
Abraham is called to go to a place where he didn’t know and by Faith, he did
Genesis 15:4 -6 (NKJV) And behold, the word of the Lord came to him, saying, “This one shall not be your heir, but one who will come from your own body shall be your heir.” Then He brought him outside and said, “Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be.” And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness.
Abraham believed the Lord and the Lord counted him righteous because of his Faith
Abraham went without seeing, faith is the evidence of things unseen
He had super natural faith, one that comes with a walking with God.
We see this in Enoch, that he walked with God especially in a time when there was so much lawlessness (2020 and beyond)
Super natural Faith doesn’t hunt you, it only possible when you are at the right place
We clearly see this in the upper room:
Acts 2:1-4 When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all [a]with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them [b]divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
- Side note, that is why you should not miss Monday night prayer
- They were in one place, praying and seeking the face of God, uninterrupted
- When is the last time you spent praying without your gadget aide?
- When is the last time you put everything aside and went into an “upper room to pray and wait on the Lord”?
They waited and saw God move
This season requires us to wait on God more than ever before, the Bible says that in the last days deception will be great, even the elite will be deceived
The concept of going to the unknown is not new to us, but it is if you have no
-Maps, cell phone, GPS or even a plan
It wasn’t just him but he went with his family and possession – We don’t think much about this
Today we are called to change our behaviors, our dreams, loose control and allow God to take over
Hebrews 11:9 NKJV– By faith he dwelt in the land of promise as in a foreign country, dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise
- The struggles of a foreigner
- When he was there, he stayed in Faith,
- How many of us pray and move in faith only to get to our destination then we are stop relying on God?
- God I will take it from here, it’s been real
Hebrews 11:10 Abraham was confidently looking forward to a city with eternal foundations, a city designed and built by God.
- There is no way not to be caught up with our own things especially when we have made it
- The only way is to not loose our eyes on the destination
- Many people fall short because their focus is now
- Think about the fake love gospel – Goal is life or death
Abraham reminds us that, if we wait at the Lord’s feet, He can and will give us Faith
2. Mother Sarah
Hebrews 11:11 By faith Sarah herself also received strength to conceive seed, and she[a] bore a child when she was past the age, because she judged Him faithful who had promised.
Faith was an ingredient as well here
Genesis 17:15 – Then God said to Abraham, “As for Sarai your wife, you shall not call her name Sarai, but [a]Sarah shall be her name. 16 And I will bless her and also give you a son by her; then I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of peoples shall be from her”
- Took 25 years of Faith…What I love about Sarah, is that the Bible doesn’t spare any details
- Sarah was barren and old
- An Abraham, Hebrews 11: Therefore, from one man, and him as good as dead, were born as many as the stars of the sky in multitude—innumerable as the sand which is by the seashore.
- We can learn to wait on the Lord even when things are barren and seems dead
What situation in your life looks dead?
We have loved ones that are so far away from the truth that it looks impossible
Faith enables us to keep praying for them
What about you – What’s barren, dry land, arid, nothing there
She believed[a] that God would keep His promise.
She experienced the goodness of God. She saw how her husband Abraham related to God
Hebrews 13:5 – Gods promises, I will never leave nor forsake you – Says the Lord
Abraham and Sarah experience this verse in their life, God was with them always
And yes there was impatience there with Ismael but never the less, when corrected they kept the Faith
Sometime it takes us to experience the super natural power of God to believe
- The Israelites were asked to match around the wall of Jericho – Joshua 6
- Thomas touched Jesus side and He had Faith – I believe that most of us are here, that unless we touch Jesus physically, we cannot believe – John 20
They saw God’s power
Have you experienced God’s power?
Has it caused your faith to supersize and share it with others or has it become a “personal experience”?
3. Son Isaac
Isaac saw -learnt that God was provider and a savior
- He learnt obedience – His dad
- He learnt about waiting – This is our biggest weakness
- Sacrifice – His father did not withhold
- Faith – The promise through his children
What are our actions speaking about faith to those close to us? Especially our families
Isaac learnt the story of redemption– Here we see Isaac being redeemed by the lamb- Blood was spilled on Isaac behalf
So was Christ whose blood redeemed us
When the Israelites saw the Egyptians get swept away by water, they had faith
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding and He will show you which path to take – Proverbs 3:5
Romans 3:22 (NLT) – We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.
Your faith and how you exercise it will affect those around you
– Parents – How you handle situations, how you act will determine the measure of Faith your kids will have
4. Now what?
Faith requires action. I want my faith to be supersized, to outlive me just like Abraham and his family
How you Faith comes about doesn’t add any weight to it, how you exercise your faith is what matters
Ephesians 2:8-9 – For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.
- Ignite the fire – Allow God’s power to be evident is us
- Requires Holiness
- Share our testimony
Are you willing to keep the promise and teach it to others so they can be like Isaac?
Are you willing to keep the faith even if it doesn’t happen in your time for the better good of others?
Hebrews 11:13 These people died without seeing the fulfilment of these promises, yet they kept the Faith
If they had longed for the country they came from, they could have gone back.
- Stop looking back, God has already delivered you from that
No matter how your faith comes about, we all have an obligation, to be active in our own Faith, we have been called to be disciples,
How you exercise your Faith matters and affects you and the next generation
For more sermons please visit the SERMONS PAGE
Please subscribe to our YOUTUBE PAGE