Sermon Notes and Pictures
These are the pastors actual sermon notes. Depending on time, the Holy Spirit, and how thing go in the church service the actual sermon may vary.
- this is the day when Jesus is dead, taken off the cross, before being put in the tomb
- Now, many people would think that this would be the point where the story would stop, because Jesus came, lived, spoke, and then he died
- typically after someone dies, we can still be influenced by his teachings-, but Jesus, isn’t dead, HE IS ALIVE
- so when we speak about Jesus today, its not his DEATH that matters- its that he LIVES that matters
- in this scripture- we see reference to the blood of Jesus- and folks- this blood is POWERFUL
- Its important to understand the power of blood of Jesus, it is central to our faith as Christians
- 34 But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out. 35 And he who has seen has testified, and his testimony is true; and he knows that he is telling the truth, so that you may believe.
- The blood is a power source for us as we LIVE in Christ
- For some of you, this might be a little weird- its not something that we sit around and talk about- but all of you would agree- blood is life- if you don’t have it- you dont live
- if you dont have blood in your body you don’t live. If you don’t have the blood of Jesus, you wont thrive!
- Many believers do not walk in victory, because they forget the benefits that come with being a follower of Jesus Christ
- You are his HEIR. He is your FATHER. He has SET YOU FREE. There is NO AREA of YOUR LIFE that he cannot FIX and he cannot CHANGE
- WALK IN THE POWER OF THE BLOOD
- I grew up singing songs like “there is power power wonder working power” “I’m under the blood of the lamb”
Evan and Crystal leave for Korea. God Bless You Guys as you go to the place he has called you.
- From the beginning- Adam and Eve sinned- and it took the sacrifice of an animal as a covering for their sin
- Early in the OT- Blood used as a sign for the passover- God passed over the Israelites house and didn’t kill their first born
- The sacrificial system of the OT included Priests using the blood of goats and rams as a means to forgive sin, but it was never enough- it had to be done over and over because people sinned over and over
- Jeremiah 31:31-34 READ “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah
- This was a precursor of the arrival of Jesus- God promised he would take care of Sin ONCE AND FOR ALL
What does the blood of Jesus do?
- It forgives sin
- Forgive- wipe clean- make new- as if it never happened- repaired- money that you owe that is no longer owed
- people will say things like Jesus paid it all on the cross, and I know that I even say that- but the truth is that the cross isn’t what saves you- its what happened on the cross- the BLOOD of JESUS
- Only the shedding of BLOOD can forgive sin
- Ephesians 1:7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace
- our salvation- is believing- accepting- receiving this truth- you must appropriate it by FAITH
- You must BELIEVE it
- This blood, that was spilled by Jesus is fully efficient for the forgiveness of ALL Sin for ALL people on the WHOLE earth FOREVER
- Romans 3:25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed
- God graciously gave us TIME to receive Christ as savior- and NOW we are able to WALK in IT
- Its like marriage- people will say the vows- but they wont mean them- if you really believe it- it makes it true
- I’m not saying you have to feel saved- I’m saying you have to believe you are saved
- Takes away Sin
- Not only does the blood FORGIVE sin- Sin is actually REMOVED by the blood!
- Hebrews 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.
- There are a few different types of sins- One time, Everyone once in a while or lifestyle sins
- Sin of omission- not doing what we should Sin of Commision- things we do wrong willfully or ignorantly
- When you come to Christ, you are FORGIVEN-and RENEWED but the SINFUL nature exists on your flesh and you must fight it-
- But here’s the deal- the blood of Jesus can REMOVE IT- Through the Blood and the spirit- it can be removed- a sin that you no longer have to DEAL with
- Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,
- The blood of Jesus is POWERFUL BLOOD- able to TAKE AWAY
- These moles- they can be FORGIVEN- but I WANT THEM REMOVED! (i’ve been praying)
- It pays for souls
- I’m not sure if you noticed- but I take this church seriously- some might say too seriously- but I dont take it lightly that I have been entrusted with the care of something special
- Acts 20:28 Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.
- You- the members of Christ Church- have been purchased with the blood of Jesus- I am either going to hand this church off to another pastor at death- or I am going to hand you to Jesus
- I can’t think of something more serious.
- I’m not sure if you knew this- but I liked myself and was confident long before I became a pastor-
- I know many people who want to be in the ministry to stroke their ego- The ministry has humbled me
- This blood is POWERFUL and PRECIOUS
- Redeems the Lost
- Being in prison or jail might be one of the worst things that could happen. Sometimes people are there because they deserve it, but sometimes they aren’t. regardless- if you were in prison, you would want out.
- This is what the blood of Jesus does- IT REDEEMS- It delivers! It Sets free!
- Colossians 1:14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
- When the Blood of Jesus is Applied to a persons life, by faith, they are REDEEMED! Plucked out of the misery and pain of Sin- no longer bound by its destructive properties!
- Hebrews 9:12 Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.
- And here’s the part about this freedom! IT IS ETERNAL! Never to go back again!
- Saves from Wrath
- Romans 5:9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
- Wrath is Gods cosmic butt kicking- there is a coming day of judgment- a day of reckoning- but you- child of God- you have no fear of this day-
- If you have the blood of Jesus over your life- you can laugh at the coming destruction, because you will be SAVED from the Wrath of God!
- Its verses like this that always seem to not make it on bumper stickers- There is a fire of God’s wrath that is coming folks- the only escape is to have the blood of Jesus!
- No plan, no fixing, no deal, nothing- only the blood of Jesus saves from wrath
- Establishes the covenant
- When I was a kid- we used to become “blood brothers” with someone- pretty gross-
- but this covenant- this promise- this relationship- was established in BLOOD
- 1 cor 11:25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.”
- Shouldn’t we take it seriously?
- Hebrews 10:29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
- Hebrews 13:20 Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
- Creates relationship
It is the greatest pleasure to be in relationship with God and Jesus!
Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
The blood is the power by which we are able to be brought close to Jesus! It is the power of his blood that makes it possible for us to be in relationship with him!
now more than ever we need the closeness of Jesus with us in our relationships!!!
- Brings Peace
this world continues to struggle to find solace in their daily lives- we do everything in our power to clear our minds, salve our souls, clear our conscience- Drugs, TV, Sports, Recreation, Sex, Materialism.
Yet every single one of those things are a fleeting feeling that is followed by emptiness
Colossians 1:20 and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.
This blood- is the only pill for peace to a troubled heart. it is the only remedy to a warped mind
It Cleans your conscience! You no longer have to spend a sleepless night!
Hebrews 9:14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
- Creates Boldness
You do not have to cower or be afraid about who you are and what you believe in CHRIST
Hebrews 10:19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus,
we have been given the green light to enter into the holy of holies by the blood
how much more so should we be bold in what we believe and how we live!
Proverbs 28:1 The wicked flee when no one pursues, But the righteous are bold as a lion.
- Destroys the Devil
Through the blood- we win- we so unbelievably win
We may lose football games, job offers, supreme court decisions etc, but in the end we WIN
Hebrews 2:14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,
There is no greater WIN
Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.