Romans 1:26-32 (NLT)
- 1 Corinthians 6:15-19 (NKJV) Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a harlot? Certainly not! 16 Or do you not know that he who is joined to a harlot is one body with her? For “the two,” He says, “shall become one flesh.” 17 But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him. Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?
- God abandoned when they started to do vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies
- The last thing I want is God to abandon me
- John 15:5(Nkjv) – I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
- Women started having sex with other women – turning away from the natural way
- Men instead of having desires for women- The natural way – started burning for lust with each other
- Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result they suffered within themselves – the penalty they deserve
- Romans 1:28 (AMPC) And so, since they did not see fit to acknowledge God or approve of Him or consider Him worth the knowing, God gave them over to a base and condemned mind to do things not proper or decent but loathsome, until they were filled (permeated and saturated) with every kind of unrighteousness….
- God gave them a chance to know Him yet they refused to acknowledge or consider Him
- Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and [a]Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
- The human race refused to acknowledge God – Today we trust science more than God
- They sinned against the body that God created; each thing male and female and said it was good, because of these sins which is unnatural (Sex outside marriage between man and woman– we birth:
- wickedness, [b]covetousness, [c]maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 [d]undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, [e]unforgiving, unmerciful;
- The writer concludes that:
- These people knew the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them
- God is Holy
- We get carried away with details and we forget the reason why Jesus died on the cross for us
- That we were separated from God and our sins were cleansed, so that we can be Holy and live with God in eternity
- I believe that the issue is not necessary the sin, it’s the lack of reverence for God’s Holiness
- 1 Samuel 2:2 (NKJV)- No one is holy like the Lord, For there is none besides You, Nor is there any rock like our God
- Exodus 15:11(NKJV)- Who is like You, O Lord, among the [a]gods? Who is like You, glorious in holiness, Fearful in praises, doing wonders?
- Isaiah 6:3 (NKJV) – In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple. 2 Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one cried to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts;The whole earth is full of His glory!”
- Psalm 22:3 (NKJV)- But You are holy, Enthroned in the praises of Israel.
- 1 Peter 1:16 (NKJV) “because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy”
We are called to be Holy so we can have a relationship with A Holy God
- 2 Corinthians 7:1-3- (AMPC) Therefore, since these [great] promises are ours, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from everything that contaminates and defiles body and spirit, and bring [our] consecration to completeness in the [reverential] fear of God.
- 1 Peter 1:15-16 (AMPC) But as the One Who called you is holy, you yourselves also be holy in all your conduct and manner of living. For it is written, You shall be holy, for I am holy.
- Hebrews 12:14 (AMPC) Strive to live in peace with everybody and pursue that consecration and holiness without which no one will [ever] see the Lord.
- Ephesians 5:3-4 (NIV) – But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. 4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving
- Romans 12:1(AMPC) I appeal to you therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of [all] the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship.
- Sin is all around us
- Awareness, and staying alert
- Sin begins when we deliberately shut God out of our lives – It becomes entrenched when God gives us over to depraved, spiritually unfit minds.
- We have all sinned and come short of Glory of God ( Unrestrained)
- Mercy and Grace is there but we don’t abuse it
- I don’t have to convince you to sin…I recently found that out
- Driving in the freeway – Not keeping the speed limit
- If we don’t stay checked we will easily be separated from God – if we stay unrestrained
- People think that sin will bring them fulfillment and happiness. It may feel good in the short run. But God has designed His moral laws so that if you break them individually or if a society casts them off collectively, those laws turn around and break you!
- He shows this judgment three times by stating, “God gave them over” (1:24, 26, 28). First, God gave them over to impurity; second, He gave them over to the degrading passions of homosexuality; third He gave them over to a depraved mind, expressed in all sorts of socially destructive sins
- Haters of God”—This is the one term directly aimed at God, not at others. He sees God as “the barrier between him and his pleasures” (Barclay, p 37). God is out to spoil their fun.
- Unrestrained, we act according to the desires of our bodies
- James 1:14-15 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death. Sodom, where men wanted to have sex with angels
- Genesis 19:1-11 (NKJV) – Sodom Lot visited by angels
- Unrestrained we end up doing very detestable things
- Leviticus 18:22 – You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination
- Leviticus 20:13- 14 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. 14 If a man marries a woman and her mother, it is wickedness. They shall be burned with fire, both he and they, that there may be no wickedness among you
- Judges 19:22-23 – Another story of men wanting to sleep with visitors that came in
- THIS WILL HAPPEN IF WE STAY UNRESTRAINED
- I Corinthians 6:9 – Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [a]homosexuals, nor [b]sodomites,
- No sidelines
- Romans 1:32 (NKJV) Though they are fully aware of God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve to die, they not only do them themselves but approve and applaud others who practice them.
- We already know the Word of God but we choose not to listen
- We accommodate sin, which in turn– We get judged as the actors themselves
- Watching shows that have gay couples – enthusiastically encouraging them
- We are teaching our Kids that its ok for these things
- Matthew 18:6-7(NKJV) But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea. 7 Woe to the world because of [a]offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!
- America is under Judgement – We can’t ignore
- We fear we will lose friends and family if we oppose socially accepted and celebrated sins such as sexual immorality and pride, so we say cowardly and unbiblical things like, “it’s not my place to judge.” That’s allowing fear of man stop you from doing the will of God.
We fear we will be ostracized by society if we don’t bow down to the ever-changing social justice causes, so we pervert God’s love and justice to conform to man’s ideology. That’s allowing fear of man stop you from walking according to God’s ways.
- 1 Cor. 5:10 – I wrote to you in my epistle not to [a]keep company with sexually immoral people. 10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person
- Col. 3:5- 6 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience
The good news is, Jesus came to deliver us from our sins. Paul includes former homosexuals in Corinth when he wrote (1 Cor. 6:11), “Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.”
That can be your testimony, too, if you will trust in Christ.
Our God is Holy!
For more sermons visit our SERMONS PAGE
Please subscribe to our YOUTUBE PAGE