Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More
These are the pastors actual sermon notes. Depending on time, the Holy Spirit, and how thing go in the church service the actual sermon may vary.
When we were just a baby church, a member didn’t like how Pastor Matt dealt with a situation. I had to implement Matt’s decision and my words were twisted, Matt and I were smeared to the other members of the church, even to the point of them lying about us misusing Church funds.
Matthew 7:6 “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
When HOLY THINGS are given to “dogs” they trample on them, and turn and tear you to pieces.
Am I saying people are dogs??
No, I am saying there is a spirit that seeks to devour and consume the things of God and it finds its ways into our lives and the church.
How do dogs trample and tear you to pieces?
From the inside out- they weasel their way into the church and then begins to divide and conquer.
Dogs tear down through:
- Proverbs 6:16-19Amplified Bible (AMP)
- These six things the Lord hates, indeed, seven are an abomination to Him:
17 A proud look [the spirit that makes one overestimate himself and underestimate others], a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,(A)
18 A heart that manufactures wicked thoughts and plans, feet that are swift in running to evil,
19 A false witness who breathes out lies [even under oath], and he who sows discord among his brethren.
- 2 Peter 2:1-2Amplified Bible (AMP)
But also [in those days] there arose false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among yourselves, who will subtly and stealthily introduce heretical doctrines (destructive heresies), even denying and disowning the Master Who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their immoral ways and lascivious doings; because of them the true Way will be maligned and defamed.
At the heart of the dog is the spirit of the devil.
10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
ANYTHING that seeks to KILL, STEAL , or DESTROY is of the antichrist.
In scripture, Satan is referred to as the ACCUSER OF THE BRETHERN
Revelation 12:10 [Full Chapter]
Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.
Talk about JOB
ANYTHING or ANYONE who falsely accuses you is of a demonic spirit.
It is the SPIRIT OF ANTICHRIST who ACCUSES.
Satan seeks to infiltrate a healthy church.
THE LORD spoke to me to BE ON GUARD! The ACCUSER is out to kill and destroy
We are preaching the WORD that is not popular and SATAN doesn’t like it.
We need to be aware of his devices.
1 Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
2 Timothy 2:24-26New King James Version (NKJV)
And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, 25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, 26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will
Matthew 13:24-30, 36-43
Parable of the tares
During THIS SEASON we need to have EARS to HEAR!
“who has ears to hear, let him hear”
WE MUST listen to the Holy Spirit NOW more than ever
THIS MEANS WE LISTEN AND OBEY—–WE HAVE A TEACHABLE SPIRIT.
Jesus tells us 9 times in the gospels and 7 times in the book of Revelation that we need to be spiritually alert at all times, but even more so as we see the day approaching
2 Corinthians 2:10-11New King James Version (NKJV)
Now whom you forgive anything, I also forgive. For if indeed I have forgiven anything, I have forgiven that one[a] for your sakes in the presence of Christ, 11 lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices.
What devices do we need to be alert to? BE ON GUARD! in our own lives and in the life of the CHURCH
- Losing our First LOVE- keeping JESUS first.
- Satan will steal our time, kill our sleep and destroy whenever or whatever we do in order to keep Jesus first.
- Jesus doesn’t expect us to be perfect.
- he doesn’t expect us to never fail or fall.
- But what He does expect is that we will love Him with our whole heart, be wholly devoted to Him and put Him FIRST. His ways, His thoughts
- The book of judges records that Israel went through 7 major cycles of apostasy, bondage, calling out to God, God’s deliverance and then falling away again.
- The natural direction of God’s people, even after revival and restoration, is spiritual decline again.
- Only a fervent faith, sincere gratitude, a persistent attempt to seek God’s face and a constant rejection of the ungodly ways of the world will enable God’s people to maintain our FIRST LOVE
- FEAR is crippling!
- I HATE taking meds! HATE HATE HATE
- the other morning, I almost didn’t take them, but the LORD spoke:
- I AM LORD EVEN OVER YOUR MEDS.
- He is either LORD of ALL or He’s not LORD at all.
- He either in control or NOT in control—He cannot be BOTH in control and NOT in control at the same time
- I am either in His hands OR not in His hands- I cannot be BOTH in His hands and NOT in His hands at the same time
- Fear of being persecuted
- Fear of failure
- Fear or rejection
- Fear of suffering for His name
- Fear of what man will do to me
- Fear of what the world will do to me if I am BOLD!
- “Fear NONE of those things which you shall suffer” Rev 2:10
- Apathy- a spirit that tolerates sin, unrighteousness and unbiblical teaching
- The church of Pergamos and Thyatira were both condemned for TOLERATING sexual immorality and worldliness Rev 2:14, 20
- Indifference- Live and let live spirit
- What we are seeing right now is an tolerant spirit towards sin and that which offends God
- WE CANOT BE APATHETIC ABOUT SIN!
- IT IS A CANCER AND IT WILL ERODE THE FOUNDATION OF A CHURCH.
- LOVE EVERYONE
- ACCEPT EVERYONE
- DO NOT HAVE AN ATTITUDE THAT ACCEPTS SIN
- An “ultimatum” spirit
- a final demand or statement of terms, the rejection of which will result in retaliation or a breakdown in relations.
- “My way or the highway”
- Pastor Kirby shared a story with us about a woman who demanded pulpit time or she wouldn’t give any more money, and she was is #1 tither
- this spirit is about the “ME” not the “US”
- the church has to do what is best for the BODY, not always the INDIVIDUAL
- Starship Troopers- we’re in it for the species
- are you about the BODY more than your own wants?
- Military men and women who say, “I am willing to give my life for the sake of the NATION as a whole”
- I am suffering in my body right now because I told Him “USE ME” and I believe He will reveal His glory in me that will BENEFIT the WHOLE BODY
- Will you suffer so that others may be blessed??
- The Offended spirit. THIS ONE IS THE MOST PREVALENT IN THE CHURCH!
- People who left because the man wanted to be a pastor and Matt told him his house wasn’t in order
- FIRST of all, Jesus offended people with the truth. You WILL offend people when you live for Christ.
- An offended spirit is different, it is a spirit of bitterness
- Never trust your tongue when your heart is bitter.
- Luk 17:3 Take heed to yourselves. And if your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him.
- We need to be very aware that the enemy is seeking to destroy the unity among believers in this hour through offenses.
- It has been said that the only ones who can hurt you are the one you have given more of yourself to, and really care about, anyone you have a relationship with is a potential offender to your life.
- Offense is a trap and like a hose that is tied in a knot, it stops the flow of the Holy Spirit in our lives.
- The definition of offend is — a trap stick, referring to the part of the trap to which the bait is attached. A snare, occasion to fall or stumble, a stumbling block. Offense is a tool of entrapment that the enemy uses on believers to bring them into captivity.
- There are two kinds of offended people:
- Those who have been treated unjustly.
- Those who believe they have been treated unjustly.
- The second group of people believe with their whole heart that they have been wronged, their conclusion was drawn from inaccurate information gained through assumption, appearance and hearsay, or their information is accurate, but their conclusion is distorted.
- An offense, if allowed to stay in your heart will produce more SIN.
- Knowledge that does not change us, because it is never applied, is useless.
- Offense leads to betrayal, betrayal leads to hatred which will rob us of eternal life if we don’t repent and forgive.
- We can spend our whole life blaming others and being bitter or we can choose to trust God to work in and through us to bring about His plan and purpose.
- If you choose to stay offended, you will wander in the wilderness until you repent, forgive and let God put you back on path again.
How do you overcome?
- GET ALL BITTERNESS OUT! HUMBLE YOURSELF
- SEEK RECONCILIATION AND FORGIVENESS
- Psalm 119:165Amplified Bible (AMP)
Great peace have they who love Your law; nothing shall offend them or make them stumble.(A)
GET IN THE WORD
Satan is seeking to devour God’s faithful people.
He doesn’t want us preaching, teaching or being BOLD about God’s Word
He will destroy whatever you let him destroy.
BE AWARE OF HIS DEVICES!
DON’T LET HIM USE YOU!
PLEAD THE BLOOD OVER YOUR LIFE AND THE LIFE OF THE CHURCH
REBUKE SATAN IN JESUS’ NAME- Jesus rebuked Peter, “Get thee behind me Satan!”
Pray for your family
Pray for and DEFEND the church- quit talking bad about your church, quit talking bad about your pastor and leaders, GOD DOESN’T LIKE IT.
The LORD holds the pastor responsible for what he says and does, and he holds you responsible to how you react and respond
QUIT ATTACKING CHRISTIANS AND STOP SIDING WITH THE WORLD- BE ON THE SIDE OF THE WORD